Friday, July 30, 2010

Customer Service - Is it that hard?

I recently met a potential customer - And I say "Potential" - when he inquired and signed up for ELMS Personal Edition and our 30 day free trial only to find out very quickly that this service was not exactly what he was looking for.   This is a new product and it never happened before.   He called the next day wondering why the pending $24 charge was on his system.

This is a valid question.  I called my processor only to find out that it is a pending transaction and will disappear in a couple of weeks.  I also found that I have the ability to deny the transaction remove it from his statement.  This is great, I have control and I learned something today.   I took care of the problem and documented the process for the other guys.

I quickly informed him of what we discovered (turnaround 30 minutes) and that we took care of it.  I lost a potential customer and it won't be the first, but we learned how to better serve people.

I received, later that day, an email with gratitude for our customer service and a full explanation why ELMS PE was not working for him.  It has nothing to do with our product.  I am still shocked and very grateful that someone took the time to appreciate our work even if they are not our customer.

What a good start to the weekend!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home